Who knew coconut shrimp could be THIS good! Once you set up the ingredients in the three separate bowls, the rest is a breeze. This would be perfect for an appetizer or even a main meal as it’s super quick and easy to make.
-15 Large Shrimp, peeled & deveined
-1 Cup Dried Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
-2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
-1 Cup Rice Flour
-4 Tablespoons Corn Starch
-Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
-1 Tablespoon Oil of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and set aside.
- In another bowl add the coconut, nutritional yeast, 1/2 cup rice flour, 2 tablespoons corn starch, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the last and final bowl add the remaining 1/2 cup rice flour and 2 tablespoons corn starch.
- Assemble bowls in the following order: rice flour/corn starch bowl, egg bowl, coconut bowl.
- Coat shrimp completely in the flour bowl, followed by dipping in the egg wash and lastly coating in the coconut bowl.
- Place coated shrimp on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle shrimp with oil.
- Bake for 5 minutes and flip shrimp over. Drizzle with oil and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes until done.
Remove from oven and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Mine is honey mustard!