The best week night dinners take no time at all and have ingredients you most likely already have in your house. I always have sun-dried tomatoes in my refrigerator to add a little extra flavor to a dish. I love making this shrimp pasta dish as it is a good source of protein, vegetables and carbohydrates. Plus it looks much more time consuming than it actually is to make!
I find it super handy to have frozen shrimp at home for a last minute protein option. Did you know most “fresh” shrimp you buy at the seafood counter actually comes frozen to the store? You will notice the “fresh” version is more expensive for really no reason.
Shrimp Pasta with Spinach and Sun-Dried TomatoesPrint Recipe
- Gluten Free Pasta of your choice
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 12 shrimp, peeled,deveined, and thawed
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tsp Dried Chili Flakes
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp unsalted Butter
- Handful of Fresh Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Sundried Tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
1. Cook pasta according to instructions. Set aside 1/4 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook for 3 minutes and flip to the other side and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
4. Add the wine, lemon juice and chili flakes and let boil. Reduce heat and add butter and parsley and cook for an additional minute.
5. Add spinach, tomatoes and pasta.
6. Add reserved water if pasta dish is too thick. Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
adapted by: www.theviewfromgreatisland.com