I’m having a bit of PTSD even writing this post as I’m currently using 9 out of my 10 fingers to type. :/ But that’s the price i’m willing to pay in order to create the best FODMAP side dishes for my fans!!
I had my first big kitchen injury involving my pointer finger, the mandoline, and a potato. The good news is I was told I’m officially a chef after experiencing my first injury but the bad news is the tip of my finger had to suffer (If you want to check out a picture, head over to my Instagram account @fitfabfodmap).
I learned a lot of lessons from this experience:
- Don’t cook when you’re feeling stressed and anxious.
- Don’t use sharp objects like a mandoline without a food safety holder.
- Look in mandoline box for the above mentioned food safety holder.
- Look in mandoline box for the above mentioned food safety holder before ordering a food safety holder the next day from Amazon.
- As my friend who is an ER doctor reminded me of the infamous saying: “All bleeding stops.”
- Maybe just buy a bag of chips and call it a day?! JK make this recipe now!!!
Looking for more FODMAP side dishes? Check out Lemon Roasted Potatoes
Baked Potato ChipsPrint Recipe
- 2 Medium Russet Potatoes
- Non Stick Cooking Spray
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Slice potatoes (CAREFULLY!) into 1/8 inch slices.
Place potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet and spray potatoes with nonstick spray.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned and crisped.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!